Sunday, January 26, all day at Berkeley Yacht Club
With just half a year to go, it's time to focus on your middle-term preparation items. These include weather (how to get it, how to think about it), provisioning, emergency steering, and more.
We'll address these topics and, in addition, will have fully-rigged Pac Cup racer examples at the docks (weather permitting) for your inspection. Lunch is included as is our traditional post-seminar festive party.
- Registration 08:30
- Welcome and introductions Bob Gray 09:00
- Weather w/Navigation Paul Kamen 09:05
- Sailors for the Sea Rowena 11:10
- Preparation for Inspections Rowena 11:30
- Boats on Guest Dock Boat “Hang 20” Express 27 Lori Tewksbury 11:45
- Lunch 12:00
- Weigh In/Rating Procedures Buzz 01:00
- Prior Racers Panel Melinda Erkelens; Gary Troxel Buzz Blackett, Michael Moradzadeh; 01:20
- Prep Calendar Discussion Bob Gray 03:00
- Required 150-mile Trip TBD/mixed panel 03:10
- MOB/Emergency Steering Michael Moradzadeh 03:20
- Wrap up & Survey Questionnaire Bob Gray 03:50
Social Hour @ BYC Bar 04:00
POA Seminar participants are invited to join their Pac Cup friends at the BYC Bar. Drink tickets will be provided by the check in desk upon completion of the seminar. To collect your ticket(s), please fill out the distributed survey.
Sign up today as space is somewhat limited, and you don't want to have to sit out on the grass.