At Encinal Yacht Club, Saturday May 16 or Sunday May 17 All day
This is the "Hands-On" portion of the World Sailing (formerly "ISAF") and US Sailing-sanctioned Safety at Sea program. When taken within a year of the regular eight-hour classroom session or online, this will get you certified for safety-at-sea anywhere on the planet.
This level of certification is now required for a portion of your crew for Pacific Cup and many other races. Feedback from sailors over the last several years has indicated that these seminars are of key value.
To Be Eligible: You must have completed, between May 16 2019 and the course date
- (a) a regular 8-hour classroom Safety at Sea seminar, such as is offered by OYRA and many others or
- (b) an on-line course, newly released. You may sign up for that directly with US Sailing here or select it in the "prerequisite" box for a token to take the same class ($50, a discount over the individual rate).
The Advanced course will cover a range of topics and include hands-on experiences, including
- Emergency Signalling (Flares)
- Emergency procedures (MOB rope, drogue, etc)
- Lifejacket (yup, the pool)
- Liferaft boarding (in the pool again)
- Cold water and Hypothermia)
- Group problem solving (everyone has an opinion)
Lunch is included.
Complete the form below for EACH PARTICIPANT Please include the date of your qualifying SAS. Participants in the Hands-on seminar will be required to execute a liabiity waiver prior to participation.
Further questions? Contact organizer Pat Lowther at 925-407-5507 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Encinal Yacht Club: 1251 Pacific Marina, Alameda, CA 94501
Registration and coffee starts at 8:15 with the speakers starting at 9 am sharp. Coffee and Danish; lunch and mai tai party all included.